TCD WIN COLOURS!
A BIG thank you to our sponsors,
Waterside Malahide, Kirk Cannon and Kevin Flanigan
Alumni Team rounding the windward mark before winning their best-of-five
Our Freshers' enjoy their first day on the water with TCD
Dublin University Sailing Club is pleased to welcome new and old members for the 2013/14 season.
The club has a history dating over 100 years. Just five years ago Trinity won the grand slam; IUSA championships, and came third in the Worlds. In recent years, the club has been working towards peaking at National and International level and the coming 2013/2014 season begins with reinvigorated goal setting towards becoming Ireland's top sailing university once again.
This year more training, coaching, better equipment management and our incoming talent will be the basis for further achievement.
So what does the 2013/2014 season have in store?
- Weekend regattas all around Ireland, including the all important IUSA Varsity Sailing Championship.
- Trinity on Tour: We are looking to compete internationally to gain experience and extend the club's relations abroad, last year we competed in The London 6 pack and this season we are planning to compete in Cambridge.
- Alumni event-current TCD against previous students, is always a very competitive event
- Training and mini-events in Dunloughaire every weekend.
- Cheap tuition for less experienced sailors.
- Last but by no means least social scene - From the laid back Surf Sail Salmon weekend away at the beginning of the year down in Sligo, to the various events taking place at regattas, there's an extensive social scene and camaraderie among the members of the club.
The club has something for all; old or new, experienced or novice - join us this year for great times on and off the water.